When you find yourself needing to dispose of a large number or variety of previously-treasured household items, it can be tricky figuring out what has true market value and what should go to Goodwill.
Consignment at Legacies Upscale Resale is a simple process with no risk for the seller. If your items don’t sell quickly, we mark them down. If they still don’t sell, you can leave them for us to dispose of, or come back and get them.
There is no charge to open an account at Legacies, so it is always worth giving us a try to find new owners for items you no longer want or need.
The Legacies Consignment Process
If you have many items
If you have an entire estate to settle or are moving or downsizing, we can do a site visit to evaluate the pieces you want to sell/donate (jewelry initially priced at less than $15 and other items initially priced at less than $10 are automatically considered donations).
We’ll help you set prices and find transport. Then, our volunteer staff will display the items attractively in our large, beautiful store. We’ll split the earnings with you 50/50, but remember: all Legacies proceeds go to our beneficiary Cancer Support Community.
Not all consignment shops offer such generous terms. But since we exist to support Cancer Support Community and have a totally volunteer staff, we can afford to be generous.
If you only have a few items
Make an appointment to bring the items in for appraisal. If they are right for Legacies, we will keep them until they sell or you come back to get them.
Either way, here’s how the process goes:
- First, you and Legacies sign a Consignor Contract. We provide insurance for items priced at $1,500 or more.
- Items stay on the floor for 60 days. Those that do not sell within 30 days are marked down 15 percent.
- If an item does not sell within 60 days, and it not picked up (after we notify you), it is considered donated.
- Every 30 days, you receive 50% of your net proceeds via mailed check.
The Best Consignment Items
These are the things that our customers value most:
- Home goods such as kitchenware, mirrors, lamps and décor.
- Furniture: You can send us pictures, or bring pictures into the store. After determining whether your items meet our needs, you will be responsible for moving the furniture to Legacies--but we can provide you with a list of movers who work with us.
- Jewelry, particularly high-end vintage items in excellent condition.
- Boutique items such as name-brand purses, scarves, and belts.
- Framed art of all types, particularly by well-known local or national artists.
- Holiday-themed items like china, tea services, tablecloths, cloth napkins, centerpieces and wreaths.
What we don’t accept:
- Large appliances
- Gym equipment
- Unframed art
We do not take drop-offs; merchandise is accepted by appointment only.
Where our Share of the Money Goes
We exist to help individuals fighting cancer - donation proceeds go to Cancer Support Community (CSC).
CSC helps people in the local community with free support and services to improve quality of life and survivorship. They provide non-medical care to anyone with any type or stage of cancer, and to their family.
We set prices, based on our experience and research, that will maximize both your and CSC’s income.
Ready to Try Consignment?
To set an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.