Volunteers play an important role in achieving our mission and we appreciate your time and interest.
To provide financial support for Cancer Support Community by working as a team to create a positive resale experience for our customers, consignors, and volunteers.
ABOUT CANCER SUPPORT COMMUNITY
Cancer Support Community is part of a non-profit network dedicated to providing support, education, and hope to people affected by cancer. It was originally known as The Wellness Community, founded in 1990 by Lynne Stern, herself a cancer survivor, along with friends and supporters. The main location is in Blue Ash, with a satellite office in Ft. Wright, Kentucky, and off-site program venues throughout the region. Thousands of cancer patients, their families and friends participate in support groups, information sessions, social events and more, all entirely free of charge.
CANCER SUPPORT COMMUNITY’S MISSION
To ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
- Volunteers must share an interest in achieving our mission.
- Volunteers must be willing to follow organization policies and procedures.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to work in store.
- A parent/guardian must sign the Volunteer Release Form for any volunteer under the age of 18.
- Every volunteer will complete an on-site orientation the first day they report for their volunteer assignment. The orientation will include an overview of our mission, policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Additional training is required for certain tasks.
- Every volunteer is required to go through orientation before beginning volunteering.