Where Can I Make the Most Consigning Furniture, Art and Jewelry?
November 1, 2022
There are several consignment shops in Cincinnati. But they each offer different terms, so shop around, particularly if your pieces are of high value.
The Best Deal Around: Legacies Upscale Resale
Legacies in Hyde Park Plaza is the only consignment store in the Cincinnati area that provides a 50/50 split with consignors, while supporting a charity that serves people with cancer.
Since we opened in 1994, what we earn from donations and our share of consignment proceeds has gone to Cancer Support Community of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky (CSC), which provides free non-medical support services to patients and their families.
Your donations and consignments help to fund over 200 monthly programs at CSC to people with cancer and their families.
What is Legacies?
Legacies is a large showroom offering groupings of gently-used, top quality furniture, home accessories, jewelry and art–at significant savings. You’ll find names like Baker, Ethan Allen, Sherrill, Stiffel, Waterford, Lenox, Haviland and more.
If you are downsizing, relocating or redecorating, Legacies is the ideal solution for earning some money giving your furnishings new life. If your items do not sell and end up as donations, you can take a tax deduction for the value of the items..
How Consignment Works
When you find yourself needing to dispose of beloved items, it can be tricky figuring out what has true market value.
- We evaluate the pieces you want to sell/donate (jewelry initially priced at $15 or less and homegoods items priced at $10 or less is automatically considered donated and not consigned).
- We’ll help you set prices. Then, our mostly-volunteer staff will present the items attractively in our large, beautiful store.
- The process is much simpler–and less time-consuming–than an estate sale.
Once an item is deemed marketable at Legacies, it’s time to make an agreement.
- First, you and Legacies sign a Consignor Contract. We provide insurance for items priced at $1,500 or more.
- Then your items go on the Legacies sales floor, attractively merchandised for quick sale, and stay there for 60 days. Those that do not sell within 30 days are marked down 15 percent. If an item does not sell within 60 days, it will be considered donated.
- Every 30 days, you receive 50% of your items’ net proceeds via mailed check.
Consigning Furniture at Legacies
Wondering “Where can I consign my furniture in Cincinnati?” Furniture in good condition sells well at Legacies. Some of the brands we carry include:
- Henkel Harris
- Drexel Heritage
- Ethan Allen
- Mid-Century Modern
- Modular pieces from the 1970s and ’80s
- All things Art Deco and Art Nouveau
Rare pieces get excellent prices at Legacies. We sell furnishings not available anywhere else.
What Sells at Legacies in Jewelry?
High-end estate (previously owned), vintage (over 20 years old) and antique (over 100 years old) jewelry can be worth more than you might imagine. Rings, pins, brooches, necklaces and bracelets in excellent condition from the following brands go the fastest at a vintage jewelry store like Legacies:
- Alice Caviness
- Forbidden Fruits
- Miriam Haskell
- West Germany
Beyond furniture and jewelry, we take handbags, scarves, watches, home décor, kitchenware and garden tools. Legacies is also one of the best places to find artwork for sale in Cincinnati.
What you earn will depend on the rarity and condition of your items.